Build Stronger: Create a stronger wall assembly and use less wood than traditional construction.
Build Smarter: Construct a wall assembly that incorporates continuous insulation and an air/vapour barrier system without the need for a conventional vapour and weather resistive barrier.
Build Sustainable: Minimize energy loss with reduced air leakage and high R-values while enhancing indoor comfort.
The HP+™ Wall System XR Series is designed to deliver a smart new way to build affordable, high performance homes.
The wall assembly features the following:
- 2x6 bottom and top plates
- 2x4 wood framing at 16"or 24" on center construction
- 2" Neopor® graphite-enhanced rigid thermal foam insulation. Also available in different thicknesses and R-values to fit your climate zone needs and code requirements
- MasterSeal® NP1™ sealant
- 2 1/2" WALLTITE® insulating air/vapour barrier material
- 2" x 4" finished timber girts with 1/2" plywood strips
- Extra room to add more WALLTITE® for an increased R-value
Strength in Numbers
By combining 2x4 framing with foam sheathing and spray polyurethane foam in a composite design, the HP+ Wall System XR Series can increase structural strength while reducing lumber content and eliminating the need for plywood or OSB sheathing. When properly designed and installed, the HP+ Wall System can offer one of the best values available for residential construction.
- Can reduce lumber content by eliminating wood sheathing (plywood, OSB)
- Wood girts allow WALLTITE to get behind studs greatly reducing thermal bridging and increasing effective R-value
- Stronger walls with increased lateral resistance compared to a typical wall (studs and exterior sheathing)
- Improved moisture management that can mitigate thermal and structural issues
- Mitigate thermal and structural issues; reducing potential builder callbacks
Build a Better Barrier - Thermal, Air, Water and Vapour Drive
With integrated thermal, air, water and vapour flow management in a single system, the HP+ Wall System XR Series provides an effective building envelope against severe Canadian climates.
- Provides higher thermal performance in 2x4 wood framing and interior square footage without increasing the building's footprint
- Reduces thermal bridging through continuous insulation which can also perform as a weather resistive barrier
- Creates a superior air and vapour barrier using WALLTITE and MasterSeal NP1
Tested wall assembly. Increased peace of mind.
The HP+ Wall System XR Series has been tested by third party
organizations and evaluated by CCMC.
BASF provides you with the expertise and
solutions you need to meet new and changing codes and build
affordable, sustainable high-performance homes.