Stronger: Create a stronger wall assembly and use less wood than traditional construction.
Build Smarter: Construct a wall assembly that incorporates continuous insulation and an air/vapour barrier system without the need for a conventional vapour or weather resistive barrier
Sustainable: Minimize energy loss with reduced air leakage and high R-values
The HP+ Wall System E Series is designed to deliver a smart new way to build affordable, high performance homes.
The wall assembly features the following:
- 2x4 wood framing at 16"or 24" on center construction
- 2" Neopor® graphite-enhanced rigid thermal foam insulation. Also available in different thicknesses and R-values to fit your climate zone needs and code requirements
- MasterSeal® NP1™
- 2 1/2" WALLTITE® insulating air/vapour barrier material
- Extra room to add more WALLTITE for an increased R-value
Strength in Numbers
By combining 2x4 framing with foam sheathing and spray polyurethane foam in a composite design, the HP+ Wall System E Series can increase structural integrity while reducing lumber content and eliminating the need for plywood or OSB sheathing. When properly designed and installed, the HP+ Wall System can offer one of the best values available for residential construction.
- Can reduce lumber content by eliminating wood sheathing (plywood, OSB)
- Stronger wall with an increased lateral load resistance compared to a typical wall (studs and exterior wood sheathing)
- Improved moisture management that can mitigate thermal and structural issues; reducing potential builder callbacks
Build a Better Barrier - Thermal, Air, Water and Vapour Drive
With integrated thermal, air, water and vapour flow management in a single system, the HP+ Wall System E Series provides an effective building envelope against severe Canadian climates.
- Provides higher thermal performance in 2 x 4 wood framing and interior square footage without increasing the building's footprint
- Reduces thermal bridging through continuous insulation which can also perform as a weather resistive barrier
- Creates a superior air and vapour barrier using WALLTITE and MasterSeal NP1
Tested wall assembly. Increased peace of mind.
The HP+ Wall System E Series has been tested by third party organizations and evaluated by CCMC:
BASF provides you with the expertise and solutions you need to meet new and changing codes and build
sustainable high-performance homes. Contact a Residential Construction Specialist for more information.